Latest Transfer updates – Chelsea’s Willian has five offers; Jan Oblak latest, Barca want Torres, and much more
The latest breaking transfer news and all the best rumours as Arsenal have reportedly had a second bid rejected for Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey.
18:20 – City’s five defensive targets
Kalidou Koulibaly, Nathan Ake and Jan Vertonghen are reportedly among Manchester City’s defensive targets this summer.
Centre-back looks to be a top priority for City with doubts over the futures of John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi.
Standard Sport report that they may look to sign Napoli’s Koulibaly, Bournemouth’s Ake or Vertonghen, who is a free agent after leaving Tottenham. Villarreal’s Pau Torres and Benfica’s Ruben Dias are also thought to be on the shortlist.
17:45 – Lampard key in Werner signing
Timo Werner has revealed Frank Lampard played a significant role in bringing him to Chelsea.
“He was the main point; we talked a lot about things like system, like how he wants to play and sees me playing, and how the system fits to me,” Werner told the club website.
“He is a really nice guy who not only told me what he wants from me as a player because he wants to help me as a guy. He knows me now a little bit better and it fits very good between us and now I am happy to be here.”
Werner joined Chelsea from RB Leipzig for £45m.
17:15 – Joelson Fernandes Scouting Report
Skilful, tricky and possessing a burst of pace, but would Joelson Fernandes be a good signing for Arsenal?
After reports emerged linking the Sporting Lisbon youngster with a move to the Emirates we have taken a closer look at the winger.
16:44 – West Ham step up Eze chase
West Ham have stepped up their pursuit of Eberechi Eze, with David Moyes determined to win the race to sign the Queens Park Rangers forward, according to the Guardian.
The Championship club have reportedly set an asking price of £20m for the highly-rated 22-year-old forward who is also said to be attracting interest from Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, Newcastle and West Bromwich Albion.
16:22 – Lazio ‘in talks with David Silva’
Lazio are in talks with free agent David Silva, who has left Manchester City this week after ten years at the club.
AS are reporting the 34-year-old has been holding discussions with the Biancocelesti since last Monday, while Italian rumours claim Silva had dinner with Lazio director of sport Igli Tare.
The Spanish report also claims Silva has received offers from Dubai-based clubs Shabab Al-Ahli and Al-Nasr.
16:07 – Devine news for Tottenham fans
No typo here. Tottenham have signed Wigan‘s 15-year-old midfielder Alfie Devine. The England youth international featured for the Latics’ record-breaking U18 side in 2019/20.
15:49 – Eurosport Spain on Kounde
So, are Real Madrid really tracking Sevilla defender Jules Kounde? Our colleagues at Eurosport Spain believe there is no concrete interest from Real.
“Florentino Pérez, president of Real Madrid, has declared that “this summer there will be no great signings. Real Madrid will return to sign the best when the situation changes”.
“No media in Spain has echoed Real tracking Kounde.
“Sergio Ramos is about to renew and with Raphael Varane, Militao and Nacho or Ferland Mendy, who has already played at centre-back, has the position covered.
Real Madrid monitor around a hundred players each season. Kounde could be one of them, but there has been no movement or concrete interest in signing him so far. At the moment it is only a rumour.
14:58 – It’s Euro Papers time!
It’s the latest edition of Euro Papers. Kai Havertz makes Chelsea wait as his €90m transfer sits in limbo…
14:31 – Real Madrid monitoring Kounde
Real Madrid are monitoring the progress of Sevilla defender Jules Kounde as they look to bolster their backline this summer, according to a report.
ESPN are reporting this and say the 21-year-old Frenchman would reportedly cost around €35m to sign from Sevilla, having only joined from Bordeaux for €27.5m last summer.
Kounde made 29 La Liga appearances in the 2019/20 season, helping the Andalusian club en route to Champions League qualification.
Zinedine Zidane is reportedly keen to have more defensive options, so Real are in the market for another defender.
Eder Militao joined Real last summer but has failed to impress in Spain, making just 15 appearances since his €50m move from Porto, while Sergio Ramos, 34, is in the latter stages of his career.
13:50 – Real are planning a clear-out
Real Madrid plans to sell a group of academy players to make some money.
They are expected to sell Borja Mayoral, Mariano, Sergio Reguilón and Óscar Rodríguez, according to AS.
13:33 – Warnock to stay on
Some news coming out from the Championship this afternoon and that is Neil Warnock is staying at Middlesbrough for the 2020/21 season.
Middlesbrough won four of their eight matches with Warnock in charge and successfully avoided relegation on the final day of the season with a 2-1 win against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.
13:08 – Barca want Torres
No not that Torres, or that other one, but Pau Torres from Villarreal. Yes, that one. Barcelona reportedly called Villarreal last week to make an enquiry about the highly-rated 23-year-old centre back.
Adam Lallana: ‘I’ll use my Liverpool experience to help Brighton youngsters’
12:12 – ‘Willian to decide future after FA Cup final’
Chelsea forward Willian has had offers from five different clubs, according to his agent Kia Joorabchian.
The Brazil international’s contract is due to expire at the end of August and could be leaving Stamford Bridge after seven years at the club.
Now of course this might just be Willian’s agent generating interest for his client so he can get a better contract offer from Chelsea – who reportedly want to keep him.
Let’s wait and see what happens.
11:50 – ‘Arthur is erased’
It’s a strong headline from Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo on their front cover this morning.
Arthur has reportedly told Barcelona he has no intention of returning for their Champions League clash with Napoli, with the club set to pursue legal action against him if he does not return to Spain from Brazil, claiming he is breaching his contract ahead of his proposed move to Juventus.
11:44 – Arsenal closing in on Joelson Fernandes
Arsenal are set to make a €45 million (£40.9m) move for Portuguese teenager Joelson Fernandes, according to a report in A Bola.
Juventus and Barcelona are also said to be interested in the Sporting Lisbon forward, 17, but the Gunners look set to seal a deal for the Portugal U17 international in the next 24 hours.
21-year-old Nathangelo Markelo has been sent out on loan to Eredivisie side FC Twente on a season-long loan.
The versatile Dutch midfielder was part of an Everton under-23s team which won the Premier League 2 and Premier League Cup double in 2018/19.
10:33 – Inter ‘agree terms’ with Alexis Sanchez
Gazzetta dello Sport report Inter Milan and Alexis Sanchez have agreed terms which would keep him at the Serie A club until 2023.
The Chile international currently has a deal until 2022 with Manchester United, but Inter are keen to sign him permanently with the 31-year-old having fallen out of favour with United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
The deal is expected to be €12m with bonuses, totalling €15m per year. It is reportedly now up to Manchester United to decide what kind of transfer deal they want.
10:10 – Norwich sign Soto
Norwich City have signed USA youth international Sebastian Soto from Hannover on a three-year deal as they prepare for life in the Championship.
The 20-year-old striker joins on a free after his contract at the 2.Bundesliga club expired.
He has told the club’s website: “I’m a striker that loves scoring goals. I love being part of a good team that plays good football.”
10:06 – David Silva, Dzeko to join Betis?
New Real Betis boss Manuel Pellegrini wants to bring ex-Manchester City stars David Silva and Edin Dzeko to the La Liga club, according to Estadio Deportivo.
With Silva leaving City after 10 trophy-laden years, the 34-year-old’s next move is up in the air.
His former boss Pellegrini wants him at Betis while MLS club Inter Miami are also reportedly interested in signing the Spaniard.
Edin Dzeko, meanwhile, has two years left on his Roma contract and the 34-year-old Bosnia international is said to be valued at around €11m.
09:53 – Ivanovic could join Everton
Serbian outlet Novosti says Branislav Ivanovic could be about to join Everton on a free transfer.
Ivanovic played under Toffees boss Carlo Ancelotti at Chelsea and the 36-year-old, who is set to be a free agent with Zenit’s campaign over, looks set to be reunited with the Italian.
And just in case you missed it over the weekend, here’s Ivanovic spectacularly dropping and breaking the Russian Cup trophy.
09:37 – ‘Oblak is an Atletico player, period’
In an exclusive interview with Marca, Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo says goalkeeper Jan Oblak – reportedly a Manchester United target – will honour his contract.
Q: Will Oblak stay or go?
A: “I always said that Oblak has a contract with Atletico and he is the best keeper of the world. It’s not strange that he had offers from big clubs.
Q: You said two years ago that Griezmann was an Atlético player and he left… Is Oblak an Atletico player, period?
A: “I say the same thing as always. Oblak has a contract, he is an Atletico player, period.”
09:26 – Ibrahimovic wants a bumper new deal
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is ready to negotiate a new contract, according to Tuttosport.
The Italian outlet report Ibrahimovic has flown to Monte Carlo to discuss a new AC Milan contract with his agent Mino Raiola.
The Swedish striker reportedly wants a deal where he’d earn €6m, which would put him level with the club’s highest paid player Gianluigi Donnarumma.
09:14 – Chelsea set Kepa asking price
Chelsea will listen to offers for Kepa Arrizabalaga after Frank Lampard lost patience with the goalkeeper when dropping him for the final Premier League game of the season, the Daily Mail reports.