Quick quiz: You need to ship a package to your grandma. How do you do it?
If you’re already creating a mental spreadsheet with four options, depending on budget, location and urgency, Kotis Design might have the perfect job for you. (And grandma is so proud.)
Kotis, a peddler of promotional products, is hiring a logistics coordinator with a background in domestic and international shipping. The company is looking for an analytical person who’s good with numbers as well as people, as the coordinator deals with vendors and fellow staff members.
For this work-from-home position, candidates must be available to work Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST and must be residents of Washington, Ohio or Utah. (Here’s why some work-from-home jobs are restricted by state.)
If this gig isn’t what you’re looking for, don’t worry. Check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Work-at-Home Logistics Coordinator at Kotis
Pay: $15 to $20/hour
- Managing shipments and carriers in a cost-effective manner
- Presenting transportation quotes from vendors to in-house sales staff
- Generating quotes for import and export shipments, including duties and/or taxes
- Preparing international shipping documentation
- Maintaining accurate records of shipments, including tracking information
- Establishing relationships with local couriers in all major metro areas
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least one year of experience with logistics, international shipping or other parcel shipping
- Familiarity with international customs requirements and Harmonized System (HS) codes
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Organizational and time-management skills for working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Minimum typing speed of 70 words per minute
- Health insurance, including medical, vision and dental
- 401(k) program with company match
- Paid time off
Apply here for the work-at-home logistics coordinator position at Kotis.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She’s pretty sure your grandma would like to hear from you.