5 facts you didn’t know about refugees
By Namugerwa Martha
As the world prepares to sit and discuss about refugees In a refugee solidarity summit organized by Uganda from the 22nd – 23rd June 2017, I bring you the five facts you didn’t know about people who are forced to flee from their countries;
- One person flees every 3 seconds
- 6 million people are displaced worldwide.
- Most refugees live in low and middle income countries.
- Half of the world’s refugees are children.
- Half of the world’s refugees come from Afghanistan, Syria and South Sudan