Welcome to the year 2017. We provide you with a list of the best business opportunities out there, chosen from across a variety of industries.
To make this list, we set five criteria that these businesses must:
- Have the potential to be profitable now and for many years in the future
- Be able to do well even in uncertain economic times
- Do not require a PhD or decades of experience. Some require trade school training, a university degree or a prior apprenticeship, while others need only some prior experience and a passion for the industry.
- Do not require large amounts of startup capital, but only what every startup business requires: dedication, hard work, perseverance and a desire to succeed.
- Most of these opportunities can be operated as home-based businesses.
There are business opportunities in a variety of areas in the children’s services market, including:
- Quality preschool education, including environmentally-focused offerings such as outdoor preschool
- Art classes and events
- Children’s play center
- Tutoring in critical skills such as reading, math and English
Fitness instruction such as tennis, swimming, soccer or golf lessons
- If you enjoy working with children and have instructional training and/or experience, why not turn it into a business opportunity?
Becoming a financial adviser/planner normally requires a bachelor’s degree and additional training in securities management, leading to licensing/certification. But this is another business that is riding the demographic wave. A huge pool of baby boomers are headed for retirement, and they need and want help with their finances. Financial advising and planning is an ideal business opportunity.
Facilities Support Services
Facilities support services is a catch-all term that encompasses the full range of facilities services for businesses, including:
- Building maintenance
The industry is expected to grow by 30 percent through 2026. If you have a background in maintenance or construction and good organizational skills, why not consider a business as a facilities support services coordinator?
Think an independent coffee shop serving espressos, lattes and cappuccinos can’t compete with Starbucks? Think again. A new coffeehouse recently opened in my little town and it has been packed with customers from day one. The owner attributes his success to:
- Being in a convenient location for vehicle, cycling and foot traffic
- Offering a pleasant atmosphere, including an outdoor patio
Serving high-quality beverages made from small-batch specialty coffees, served by properly trained baristas so the product is consistent
- Not attempting to compete with fast-food outlets by selling brewed coffee.
- If you have a passion for specialty coffee, why not make it your next business opportunity?
One important thing to note is that in order to be more competitive and successful, You must Gain the Necessary Education, Skills and Training. There are no shortcuts to starting your own business. You’ll have to acquire any necessary academic credentials and/or the skills and training to take advantage of some of these opportunities. Working as an employee or apprentice in your chosen field for a period of time before becoming self-employed can give you the training and business skills and experience necessary to start your own business. It can allow you to make a name for yourself and develop a list of clients so you’ll already have potential customers when you start your own busines