High court Judge Justice Oyuku Ojok Anthony today Monday morning survived death after his car got involved in a nasty road accident.

The Judge was using his official car Registration Number UG 0734J and the accident occurred at Katabarange along Mityana high way.

Asan Kasingye the police spokesperson told the Press at Naguru that Justice Ojok was heading to Mityana and while on the way, the front tyre of his car burst and his car rolled several times.

Kasingye said the justice was seriously injured and was rushed to True Vain hospital in Mityana.

“The judge was seriously injured and is in critical conditions but he is receiving treatment and we are closely monitoring his conditions and we shall be updating you,” said Kasingye.

However the eye witnesses told us that the car was over speeding and the driver tried to overtake a truck and hit a pavement causing the tyre to burst.

“If the Judge had no seat belt, he would have died because the accident was terrible and car was gravely damaged. The judge was seriously injured,” said an eye witnessad

The judge was travelling from Kampala to Fort Portal Court to attend the court open day where Chief Justice Bart Katureebe will preside over.

Judiciary’s Senior Communications Officer, Mr Solomon Muyita, confirmed the accident

“The accident happened about one and a half kilometers from Mubende Town as the judge was heading to Fort Portal to attend the court open day function,” Mr Muyita said.

He added: “The judge was transferred to Mulago Hospital but he has since been discharged on grounds that he is out of danger and that the injuries he sustained can now be managed from home. Currently, I cannot tell exactly what caused the accident.”

Mr Muyita added that the driver and the body guard are still nursing injuries at Mulago Hospital.

Prior to being transferred to Mulago Hospital, Mr Ojok was taken to Mubende Hospital but there was no doctor to attend to him.

From Mubende Hospital, he was taken to True Vine Hospital in Mubende town for first aid before being evacuated by an ambulance to Mulago Hospital.