Business was put on stand still as Fire  gutted Ayaa House in Lira Municipality.

 

Police Fire and Rescue Services quickly responded and put out the fire from the building that houses Teso Bar .

 

The commercial and residential structure belongs to Ms Jeresi Amuge.

 

Mr David Ongom Mudong, the North Kyoga Regional Police spokesperson, said the most affected section of the building was being occupied by a tenant only identified as Ms Sarah.

 

The tenant (Ms Sarah) who fainted at the scene was rushed to a health centre.

 

It is reported that Ms Sarah had gone to work and left a house helper at home. The maid, by the time the fire gutted the building, had locked the house and joined colleagues to play.

 

According to police, the fire is suspected to have emerged from Ms Sarah’s refrigerator.

 

Items that were damaged, according to police include two fridges, a sofa set, a music system and other household property.