Today the Japadhola held a meeting at National Theater to discuss the proposal made by president Museveni Over land.
Durging the meeting, the following concerns were raised
1. We Jopadhola ask Mr. Museveni, what happened to previous reports from Dr. Kiyonga’s commission, Byabakama’s commission and other commission that was instituted under Presidential directives?
2.Why change from the previous positions where Mukujju district was granted to the people of Tororo County (Itesos).
3. Jopadhola are a Mother tribe in Tororo – why would you give away the District Headquarters to Itesots now? After ignoring all the reports for 11 years??.
4. We are aware of influence peddling from Teso Parliamentary Caucus. Where the game of numbers has caused all these sudden change of mind and opting for illegalities.
5. The integrity of the Surveyors, who appointed them, their names and who supervised them? Boundary opening must be supervised by leaders.
1. Contrary to what we expect, we shall go a long Journey to defend our Mother land and the greater Teso people will never hold that District unless when we are all dead.
2. The Japadholas never asked for the district, so no district shall be accepted by the Jopadholas.
3. We tasked Mr. President to tell the Jopadholas what he is going to do with the Mukujju district he granted to in 2005.
4. If Mr. Museveni is talking of creating Budama district, then we demand for the old Boundary with East Budama (Tororo County) inclusive – Bordering Kenya, Bugishu and Busoga in its original form.
5. Since Teso Parliamentary Caucus resolved to back/support the East budama (Tororo County) People, we the Jopadholas call upon the greater Luo people to come and stand with us especially Members of Parliament from Lango, Acholi and West Nile.
6. We are aware that Mr Museveni tried to extinguish the Acholis – Part of Luo – He even said that we Luos are mad people and for that matter, we are ready for war.
7. We need to know how Mr. Museveni grants disputes, based on requests?, tribe? reward for support to NRM? or through Defiance?
8. We are aware that Mr. Museveni has been planning genocide in Padhola for long because of his hate for Luo people but we want to assure him that we are ready for anything.
9. Going forward, no Japadhola shall be allowed to meet Mr. Museveni anymore, or else that person shall be burnt alive. On the same note, Mr. Museveni should not step in Padhola for any activity any more.
It is a well known fact that we Jopadholas, are scattered all over the Country, we have MPs representing different groups in many Constituencies, but we have never claimed ownership of those constituencies or districts, like is the case in Buikwe, Mayuge, Bugiri, Namayingo and Kayunga.
We also warn our Members of Parliament that should they fail to defend this, we are recalling all of them from Parliament by invoking the Constitution.