About 45 students have lost their books, bedding, clothes and academic documents in a Fire that broke out and burnt a dormitory at Nsangi Secondary School, Wakiso District.

It is said that the fires which started at around 7: 30 Am when the student were in the assembly mainly affected the candidate students in senior four and six.

Some of the students say the have lost their certificates and transcripts who are said to have fainted after failing to stomach the loss. They were taken to nearby health centres to receive treatment.

According to ACP Hassan Kihanga, the acting commander of Disaster, Fire and Rescue of police, the fire that started at about 7:30 am stemmed from a flat iron that was left disconnected from a socket by one of the students without switching it off.

He said the fire fighters were alerted by the school administrators after failing to put out the flames using rudimentary methods.

“We found the fire in free burning stage which made it hard for us to extinguish it,” Mr Kihanga said.